Assistant Professor of Mathematics
B.S., M.S., University of the Philippines, 1998, 2004
Dr.rer.nat, Karl-Franzens-Universitaet Graz, Austria, 2013
- Free boundary problems
- shape optimization
- shape derivatives
- special expressions
- difference equations
- generalized Fibonacci numbers,
- number theory
- linear algebra
- J. B. Bacani and G. Peichl, The Second-Order Eulerian Derivative of a Shape Functional of a Free Boundary Problem, IAENG International Journal of Applied Mathematics, 2016, Vol. 46 (4), pp.425-436 DOI: http://www.iaeng.org/IJAM/issues v46/issue 4/IJAM 46 4 04.pdf.
- J. B. Bacani and J. F. T. Rabago, Some Characteristics of the Closed-Form Solutions of Two Nonlinear Difference Equations, AIP Conference Proceedings 1739, 020004 (2016), INNOVATIONS THROUGH MATHEMATICAL AND STATISTICAL RESEARCH: PROCEEDINGS OF THE 2ND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES AND STATISTICS (ICMSS2016), Chuei Yee Chen et. al. (eds.), AIP Publishing, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4952484.
- J. B. Bacani and J. F. T. Rabago, Steffensens Analogue for Approximating Roots of p-Adic Polynomial Equations. Numerical Computations: Theory and Algorithms (NUMTA2016) AIP Conf. Proc. 1776, 090038-1 090038-4, Y. D. Sergeyev et.al. (eds.), AIP Publishing, 2016. DOI: 10.1063/1.4965402
J. B. Bacani
and J. F. T. Rabago, On the second-order shape derivative of the KohnVogelius Objective Functional Using the Velocity Method, International Journal of Differential Equations, Volume 2015 (2015), Article ID 954836, 10 pages DOI:
J. B. Bacani
and J. F. T. Rabago, The complete set of solutions of the Diophantine equation p x +q y = z 2 for twin primes p and q, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics (IJPAM), 2015, vol. 104, no. 4, 517–521. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12732/ijpam.v104i4.3
- J. B. Bacani and J. F. T. Rabago, On the zeros of a family of polynomials and an application in integer sequences, Global Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics (GJPAM), 2015, vol. 11, no. 5, 3229–3239.
- J. B. Bacani and J. F. T. Rabago, On Generalized Fibonacci Numbers, Applied Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 9, 2015, no. 73, 3611 - 3622. http://www.m-hikari.com/ams/ams-2015/ams-73-76-2015/p/bacaniAMS73-76-2015.pdf
J. B. Bacani and J. F. T. Rabago, On Linear Recursive Sequences with Coefficients in Arithmetic-Geometric Progressions, Applied Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 9, 2015, no. 52, 2595 - 2607. http://www.m-hikari.com/ams/ams-2015/ams-49-52-2015/bacaniAMS49-52-2015.pdf
J. B. Bacani, On the shape gradient and shape Hessian of a shape functional subject to Dirichlet and Robin conditions, Applied Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 8, 2014, no. 108, 5387 - 5397. http://www.m-hikari.com/ams/ams-2014/ams-105-108-2014/bacaniAMS105-108-2014.pdf
- J.B. Bacani and G. Peichl, Solving the Exterior Bernoulli Problem using the Shape Derivative Approach. Mathematics and Computing 2013 : Springer Proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics, Vol. 91, Mohapatra, R., Giri, D., Saxena, P.K., Srivastava, P.D. (eds.), Springer, 2014, XXV, 251–269.
- J. B. Bacani and J. F. T. Rabago, On the Diophantine Equation 3 x + 5y + 7z = w 2 , Konuralp Journal of Mathematics, 2 (2), 2014, 64 - 69. http://www.konuralpjournalmath.com/matder/dosyalar/makale-101/kjm140804.pdf
- J. B. Bacani and G. Peichl, The Second-Order Shape Derivative of Kohn-VogeliusType Cost Functional Using the Boundary Differentiation Approach, Mathematics, 2 (4), 2014, 196–217. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/math2040196.
J.B. Bacani, Another Class of Admissible Perturbations of Special Expressions, Int. Journal of Math. Analysis, Vol. 8, 2014, no. 1, 1–8. http://www.m-hikari.com/ijma/ijma-2014/ijma-1-4-2014/bacaniIJMA1-4-2014.pdf
- J. Bacani and G. Peichl. Solving the Exterior Bernoulli Problem using the shape derivative Approach Accepted for Publication as of November: Springer Proceedings in Mathematics, December 2013.
- J. Bacani, J. Agapito and M. Roque. On Invariance of Nullities Special Expressions under Admissible Perturbations in Weighted Space, Matimyas Matematika, Vol 29 (1-2) 2006, pp.1-8.
· J. Bacani and G. Peichl, On the First-Order Shape Derivative of Kohn- Vogelius Cost Functional of the Bernoulli Problem, 7th European Conference on Elliptic and Parabolic Problems, Hotel Serapo, Gaeta, Italy, 21-25 May 2012
· J. Bacani, M. Roque, and J. Agapito, On the Admissible Perturbations of Special Expressions in Weighted - Space, SEAMS-GMU International Confer- ence 2007 on Mathematics and Its Applications, Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 24 27 July 2007.
· J. Bacani, M. Roque, and J. Agapito, On Invariance of Nullities of Special Expressions in Weighted Space, 2007 Mathematical Society of the Philippines (MSP) Annual Convention, Bohol Tropics Resort, Tagbilaran City, Bohol, May 19 20, 2007.
· J. Bacani, M. Roque, On Admissible Perturbations that Preserve Essential Spectrum of Special Expressions in Lw2 , 2006 International Conference on Math- ematical Analysis and Its Applications (ICMAA), Montien Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand, May 24 26, 2006.
· J. Bacani, M. Roque, Admissible Perturbations of Special Expressions in L2- Weighted Space Preserving the Essential Spectrum, 2004 Mathematical Society of the Philippines (MSP) Annual Convention, Silliman University, Dumaguete City, May 22-23, 2004.
Unpublished Instructional Materials:
· J. Bacani. Mathematics 11 Mentors Manual, October 2009. (Funded by Learning Resource Center, UP Baguio)
· J. Bacani and N. Gueco. Diagonalization of Matrices, 2001. (A module funded by Commission on Higher Education)
· J. Bacani and N. Gueco. Matrices and Linear Systems, 2000. (A module funded by Commission on Higher Education)