Assistant Professor of Biology
B.S., M.S., Ph.D., University of the Philippines, 1990, 1997, 2005
marine ecology, restoration biology
· The Ecology of Tithonia diversifolia
· Mangrove Cover and Coral Reef Assessment and Initial Restoration and Environmental Education in Selected Threatened Shoreline Communities in Ilocos Sur
· Resource and Socio-economic Assessment of Kalbario-Patapat Protected Landscape
- Liezel M. Magtoto, Deemson G. Mones, Karen A. Ballada, Celia M. Austria, Romeo M. Dizon, Wilfredo V. Alangui, Aris A. Reginaldo, Wilen M. Galvan, Kathleen T. Dizon, and Wilbert L.A. Hetterscheid. 2013. Amorphophallus adamsensis (Araceae), a new species from Ilocos Norte, Philippines. Blumea 58: 267-270
- Gomez, ED, HT Yap, PC Cabaitan, and RM Dizon. 2013. Can coral cover be restored in the absence of natural recruitment and reef recovery? Restoration Ecology. doi: 10.1111/rec.12041
- Gomez, ED, HT Yap, PC Cabaitan, and RM Dizon. 2011. Successful transplantation of a fragmenting coral, Montipora digitata, for reef rehabilitation. Coastal Management 39: 556-574.
- Villanueva, RD, MV Baria, DW dela Cruz, and RM Dizon. 2011. Diel timing of planulation and larval settlement in the coral Isopora cuneata (Scleractinia: Acroporidae). Hydrobiologia 673: 273-279.
- Guest, JR, RM Dizon, A J Edwards, C Franco, and ED Gomez. 2011. How quickly do fragments of corals ‘self-attach’ after transplantation? Restoration Ecology 19: 234-242
- Gomez, ED, RM Dizon, and AJ Edwards. 2010. Methods of coral transplantation. In: Edwards, A.J. (ed.). Reef Restoration Manual. Coral Reef Targeted Research & Capacity Building for Management Program, The University of Queensland: St Lucia, Australia. ii + 166 pp.