Assistant Professor of Biology
B.S., M.S., Ph.D., University of the Philippines, 1981, 1993, 2006
· Molecular characterization of Nitrogen-fixing Microbial Biofilm Communities in Soils Affected by Acidic Coal Mine Drainage in Degraded Land Areas
· Antimicrobial Property of Tithonia diversifolia (Hemsl.) Gray
· Collaboration with UP MSI on Metagenomics Project (2010-2013)
· Gutierrez, R.M., R.Q. Baculi, N. Pastor, T. Puma-at & T.D. Balangcod, 2013. Antibacterial potential of Some Medicinal Plants of the Cordillera Region, Philippines. Indian J. of Traditional Knowledge 12(4).
· Balangcod, TD, VL Vallejo,M Patacsil, O Apostol, J Manuel, S Cortez and RM Gutierrez. 2012. Phytochemical screening and antibacterial activity of selected medicinal plants of Bayabas, Sablan, Benguet Province, Cordillera Administrative Region, Luzon, Philippines. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge 11(4): 580-585.
· Gutierrez, RM. 2012. The use of gus-reporter gene technique in the assessment of the competitive ability of Rhizonian etli nodulating Phaseolus vulgaris L. from the acidic soils of La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines. Philippine Scientist 49:17-33.
· Gutierrez, RM and W Barraquio. 2010. Acid-tolerant Rhizobia of Phaseolus vulgaris L. from the intensively cropped soils of La Trinidad, Benguet. Philippine Journal of Science 139(1): 79-90.