Philippine Transparency Seal
The University of the Philippines complies with the conditions of good governance as set by National Budget Circular 542 issued by the Department of Budget of Management.
Available below are the information required of the university under the circular.
I. Mandate, Function, List of Officials and Contact Information
A. Mandate and Functions
Section 3 of the UP Charter of 2008 (Republic Act 9500) states that:
As the national university, a public and secular institution of higher learning, and a community of scholars dedicated to the search for truth and knowledge as well as the development of future leaders, the University of the Philippines shall perform its unique and distinctive leadership in higher education and development.
The University shall:
Lead in setting academic standards and initiating innovations in teaching, research, and faculty development in philosophy, the arts and humanities, the social sciences, engineering, natural sciences, mathematics, and technology; and maintain centers of excellence in these disciplines and professions.
Serve as a graduate university by providing advanced studies and specialization for scholars, scientists, writers, artists, and professionals especially those who serve on the faculty of state and private colleges and universities.
Serve as a research university in various fields of expertise and specialization by conducting basic and applied research, promoting research and development, and contributing to the dissemination and application of knowledge.
Lead as a public service university by providing various forms of community, public and volunteer service, as well as scholarly and technical assistance to the government, the private sector, and civil society while maintaining its standards of excellence.
Protect and promote the professional and economic rights and welfare of its academic and non-academic personnel.
Provide opportunities for training and learning in leadership, responsible citizenship, and the development of democratic values, institutions, and practice through academic and non-academic programs, including sports and enhancement of nationalism and national identity.
Serve as a regional and global university in cooperation with international and scientific unions, networks of universities, scholarly and professional associations in the Asia Pacific Region and around the world.
Provide democratic governance based on collegiality, representation, accountability, transparency, and active participation of its constituents; and promote the holding of fora for students, faculty, research, extension and professional staff (REPS), administrative staff, and alumni to discuss non-academic issues affecting the University.
For a full text of the UP Charter, please click here.
B. Vision and Mission
Our Vision for UP
A great university, taking a leadership role in the development of a globally competitive Philippines. Driven by:
Academic excellence and operational excellence;
Strong research and creative capability, supported by an expanded graduate program and geared to addressing the country’s problems;
Excellent faculty and staff working in an environment conducive to outstanding performance and high productivity;
The best and brightest students from across the country prepared for successful careers and responsive citizenship;
Strong support from the alumni and other stakeholders;
High visibility and effective public service;
Modernized physical facilities and technological infrastructure for teaching, research and administration; and
Financial sustainability achieved by resource generation and administrative efficiency, while preserving its public character.
For more information on the the Vision and Mission of the University, please click here.
C. Officials, Designations and Contact Information
University of the Philippines Baguio Officials
The Executive Staff (with their email addresses and contact numbers)
Dr. CORAZON L. ABANSI
Dr. ROSEMARY M. GUTIERREZ
Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Dr. SANTOS JOSE O. DACANAY III
Vice Chancellor for Administration
Prof. JOCELYN R. RAFANAN
Dr. JIMMY B. FONG
Dean, College of Arts and Communication
Dr. DYMPHNA N. JAVIER
Dean, College of Science
Dr. LEAH E. ABAYAO
Dean, College of Social Sciences
Dr. TALA AURORA S. RAMOS
Director, Cordillera Studies Center
Dr. LIEZEL M. MAGTOTO
Director, Student Affairs
Dr. CECILIA FE S. ABALOS
Director, Office of Public Affairs
University of the Philippines Baguio Organizational Chart and Directory
II. Annual Financial Reports
Financial Accountability Report (FAR) No. 1
Summary Report on Disbursements
Budget Accountability Report (BAR) No. 1
Financial Accountability Report (FAR) No. 5
Financial Plan (BED) No. 1
Financial Accountability Report (FAR) No. 1-A (For DBM and COA purposes)
Financial Accountability Report (FAR) No. 1-B (For DBM and COA purposes)
Financial Accountability Report (FAR) No. 1-C (For DBM and COA purposes)
Financial Accountability Report (FAR) No. 2 (For DBM and COA purposes)
Financial Accountability Report (FAR) No. 2-A (For DBM and COA purposes)
Financial Accountability Report (FAR) No. 3 (For DBM and COA purposes)
Financial Accountability Report (FAR) No. 4 (For DBM and COA purposes)
Financial Accountability Report (FAR) No. 6 (For DBM and COA purposes)
III. DBM Approved Budget and Corresponding Targets
IV. Projects, Programs and Activities, Beneficiaries and Status of Implementation for FY 2020
Projects, programs, activities, beneficiaries and status of implementation are reported in the following links:
- Balik-PhD Research Grants
- Emerging Interdisciplinary Research (EIDR)
- Enhanced Creative Work and Research Grant (ECWRG)
- Implementation of the Free Tuition Law
V. Annual Procurement Plan
FY 2021 UP Baguio Annual Procurement Plan - Common Supplies and Equipment (APP-CSE) - 3rd and 4th Quarter Revised
VI. Quality Management System Certificates
- Philippine General Hospital (PGH): | Renewal 2018-2021 | Renewal 2021-2024 |
- NIH-Institute of Human Genetics (IHG), UP Manila: | Renewal 2018-2021 | Renewal 2021-2024 |
- NIH-IHG-Newborn Screening Center (NSC), UP Manila: | Renewal 2018-2021 | Renewal 2021-2024 |
- Newborn Screening Reference Center (NSRC), UP Manila: | Renewal 2017-2020 | Renewal 2020-2023 |
- UP Law Complex, UP Diliman: | 2020-2023 |
- Philippine National Collection of Microorganisms – National Institute of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology (PNCM-NIMBB), UP Los Baños: | 2018-2021 | Renewal 2021-2024 |
- Human Resource Development Office (HRDO), UP Diliman: PRIME HRM Assessment
- Open University (UPOU): ICDE PRIZE OF EXCELLENCE
- College of Medicine (CM), UP Manila: Basic Medical Education Program – PAASCU – Level IV Re-accredited Status
- College of Pharmacy (CP), UP Manila: Pharmacy Program – PAASCU – Level III Re-accredited Status
- College of Nursing (CN), UP Manila: Nursing Program – PAASCU – Level II Re-accredited Status
VII. System of Ranking Delivery Units
VIII. The Agency Review and Compliance Procedure of Statements and Financial Disclosures
UP Baguio 2021 SALN Review and Compliance Committee
IX. People's Freedom of Information
- The Final People’s Freedom of Information (FOI) Manual
- Modified One-page FOI Manual
- Freedom of Information (FOI) Reports
- Assessing Information Disclosure Practices for FOI Compliance (AID-FOI Tool)
- UP Baguio Modified FOI Program
Certificate of Compliance to the Anti Red Tape Act RA of 2007 (RA No. 9485) or Citizen’s Charter
- Certificate of Compliance to the Anti Red Tape Act RA of 2007 (RA No. 9485) or Citizen’s Charter
- Certificate of Compliance to the Anti Red Tape Act RA of 2007 (RA No. 9485) or Citizen's Charter - UP Baguio
- Certificate of Compliance to the Anti Red Tape Act RA of 2007 (RA No. 9485) or Citizen's Charter - 2019 UP Baguio
- Certificate of Compliance to Republic Act No. 11032: An Act Promoting Ease of Doing Business and Efficient Delivery of Government Services (2019)
- Certificate of Compliance to Republic Act No. 11032: An Act Promoting Ease of Doing Business and Efficient Delivery of Government Services (updated: 2020)
- Certificate of Compliance to Republic Act No. 11032: An Act Promoting Ease of Doing Business and Efficient Delivery of Government Services (2021)
- Certificate of Compliance to Republic Act No. 11032: An Act Promoting Ease of Doing Business and Efficient Delivery of Government Services (UPDATED 2021) - UP System and Constituent Universities Committee on Anti-Red Tape (CART)
Accountability Report Cards
- Congratulatory Letter
- MFO Accountability Report Card (MARC-1)
- Management Accountability Report Card (MARC-2)